Mix of the Month
August Mix of the Month “House is a Feeling” by Mister Zero
If you can not see this mix, use the Mixcloud app (available free in the iTunes app store) to get to Sunshine Records cloudcasts.
Mix of the Month Tracklist
- 1. The Message (NYC Philly Tribute Mix) – Oscar P, Christian Scott
- 2. House is a Feeling – Sunday School
- 3. About Love (Pezzner Remix) – Roy Davis Jr
- 4. Lovery (Yoruba Soul Mix) – Kiko Navarro, Tuccillo, Amor
- 5. The Deeper I Go (The Wizard Goes Deep Mix) – Roland Clark, The Wizard Brian Coxx
- 6. Transformation (Original Mix) – Tim Deluxe
- 7. Keep On Jumpin (The New Iberican League Original Mix) – David Penn, DJ Chus, Abel Ramos
- 8. You Got Me Burnin Up feat. Loleatta Holloway (Triple D’s We Love Disco Rebuild) – Cevin Fisher
- 9. The Funk Is Alive – Alex Kenji, Federico Scavo
- 10. Music Is My Life (DJ Chus Regroove Edit) – DJ Chus, Louie Corrales
- 11. Ain’t Nobody (Thadius Hunter’s 2011 Edit) – Chaka Khan
- 12. Future feat. Inner City (DJ Chus In Stereo Mix) – Inner City, Kevin Saunderson
- 13. Caracoles (DJ Chus Iberican Mix) – Franky Rizardo
- 14. Aquilas Coisas Todas – Luisito Quintero
- 15. Love & Happiness feat. India (Yemaya y Ochun) [12" Club Mix] – River Ocean
- 16. Follow Your Heart feat. Rick Galactik (DJN Project) (Heart Mix) – Kevin Hedge (Blaze), Rick Galactik (DJN Project)
Mister Zero’s Bio:
Play from the Heart.
Mister Zero is a DJ/producer from New Jersey. Her first forays into DJ culture were the mixtapes and remixes that she started making on cassette while she was in her teens. She experimented with cutting and rearranging music at the same time that she began to discover the culture of dance music. She moved to Massachusetts in 1998 where she ran a series of seasonal and weekly parties over the past twelve years with her DJ partner, Steamy Brown and various other guest performers. After a stint in Boston studying audio engineering and production, she finds herself back playing seasonal parties that focus on the community spirit on the dance floor. Her parties attract diverse crowds that include performance artists, live drummers, flaggers, as well as serious musicians and old-school house heads.
Moving back to New Jersey in 2010, she continues to play special events and summer parties in Massachusetts, currently holds a summer weekly residency in Asbury Park, NJ with her cohort Andrew Top-Hat, and creates as well as broadcasts mixes that explore both newly released music and her quest for beautiful, classic grooves.
“DJing is more than playing great records for people or creating a fun party, it is about creating community that reflects our culture. We need to hear it, dance to it, and in times of joy or crisis we turn to music to lift us up. I play with reverence for the music, but also reverence for those who come to listen and dance.”
Mister Zero mixes music for listeners in and out of the clubs, and is using the platform to explore the history of the music and its pioneers. She is grateful to those who have so graciously created the foundation and keep the music alive for the next generation — David Mancuso, Larry Levan, Frankie Knuckles, Danny Tenaglia, Danny Krivit, Francois K, Joaquin “Joe” Claussell and Susan Morabito.
Where to find Mister Zero on the web: